A Life in Progress

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Butterflies - Angels in Our Midst

Blessings to SpiritChange Blessings to Curtis J. Grandmstr Black and Mut Nana Collier for posting this. Alafia Htp Namaste to all.
http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/2147

Butterflies
A butterfly or beautiful moth, especially out of season, that flies into your home and settles close to you or remains out side motionless for a long period of time is a wonder to behold. Butterflies and moths have traditionally been seen as spirit travelers and a way that angels move easily around the earth. Both are symbols of rebirth and transformation, so this angelic signal may appear after a setback, when you are seeking a new beginning, or even around the time of a birth or the death of someone to whom you were very close. Moths and butterflies are a very subtle form of angelic communication and they some times bring a message from a deceased relative who has been on your mind. Butterflies are often a way of saying to a person who is always dashing or is a workaholic, “Hey, slow down and be aware of the wondrous world beyond the computer screen and stressful daily commuting.”



Ayodele's Reflections

One of the ten signs of an Angel is of particular interest for me. Butterflies have been such an integral part of my lifetime, from the seasonal migration of the Monarch Butterflies through the high desert of my home, to the strong symbolism of life after death, transformation and rebirth, after the death of my Son.

Last Spring, I took a road trip from Arizona to Washington State. Along the way, in the middle of the high desert in California, I picked up an apparently dead butterfly from the car lane of a remote petrol station. It was magnificently beautiful, and called my attention when I was filling my car for the next leg of my very long journey. I settled the body of the Butterfly on the lid of my cup, in order to admire her beauty, and contemplate on her meaning. Perhaps the coolness of the vehicle, or the few drops of water on the lid of the cup revived her, but she came back to life within about twenty minutes. She stepped up onto my finger, and we rode that way and chatted for the next thirty minutes (She mostly listened LOL). I found the next rest stop, where there were some green trees and water, and let her go. As soon as I place her upon the tree branch, she disappeared. I was awestruck, and blessed. Ire ooooo Thank You for bringing this memory fresh to my mind, I am again feeling the awe, the beauty and the gentle peacefulness of that Butterfly. Ayodele

No comments:

Post a Comment