A Life in Progress

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Ayahuasca in Puerto Rico

The wisdom develops over time, we might not even realize that the catalyst occurred.  This whisper of spirit which sends me on a new path.  That which my spirit, my soul, desires...I begin to manifest.  Slowly, imperceptibly at first. I swore my first ceremony did nothing more for me than make me throw up and then go to sleep.  It was a bit of a disappointment really.  I cried as I carried the effluence of my purging the previous night to the forest for a proper burial. Nothing seemed different, and yet EVERYTHING had changed.  The wisdom of the spirit grows over the ensuing weeks, months and years.  Ayahuasca magnifies, shapes and molds me into the desire of my soul. I did participate in a subsequent Ayahuasca ceremony.  Every time I go into a dark room and open the drapes, the light becomes brighter. With each Ayahuasca ceremony, the lighted path of my destiny comes into sharper focus.  This is not an easy road. This is scary sometimes; one must be in a very safe, supportive and loving environment in order to have the freedom to surrender to spirit. To purge, to laugh, cry, sing, chant, and to face physical separation with no fear and no judgment.

 I was able to be completely myself and have my experience without judgment.  I was seen in a spirit of gratitude and joy for the freedom that I was experiencing... to be able to purge and fully participate in my experience. They call it work ... every time one cries, vomits, sings, laughs.  Circle members who have never sung in front of anyone else in their entire lives become free to sing.  Ayahuasca enables me to become aware of my fears, and to overcome them. Primary barriers to my growth and enlightenment begin to crumble. 

I was able to absolutely trust the people in my tribe, taking joy in my surrender and connection. When I was able to trust, miraculous things happened, and it cannot be put into words. As I was talking to people throughout the day, the word "speechless" would often come up…we could not put words to it.  There was this beauty in connecting with my tribe on that level... the amount of love, non-judgment, compassion, safety... it’s just mind blowing.  This is not a wonder drug, it cannot fix everything in my life; it only allows me to see a more accurate perspective, as well as my power to grow within those new concepts...to be clear about what is important. 

I offer a heartfelt thanks to One Tribe! Aaaaho Ivan, Aurelis, Milagros, Ellen and all of the women and children who joined us that beautiful winter weekend in

Puerto Rico! Thank you to Momma Ayahuasca for giving me exactly what I need in the proper place and time. Ire ooooo Ayodele Awolana (Momma Ayo) 

25 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ayodele I'd love to have a conversation with you. I'm leaving my email in this comment hoping you'll contact me. sarah.price@dyersburgcityschools.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where in PR did you have this experience exactly? I am thinking about taking a trip out that way and would love to attend and take part in an ayahuasca ceremony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, could you send me an email to magic@caesarosiris.com I would like to talk with you ASAP. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How to contact One Tribe and Momma Ayahuasca?
    Please reply to: miwalkincloset@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you please reach out to me, I would love to know where in PR I can have this experience. Bkhines19.5@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I live in Puerto Rico a d would like very much to attend retreats. Please contact me greyrivera5@gmail.com. Txs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im looking for Ayahuasca in PR. Can you please send me the information. Where i should go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I live in PR and I'm very much interested in the retreat. I would love if you can email me information. Love & Light
    Email: queenjess1111@gmail.com
    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am moving to puerto rico soon and would love to be able to do a retreat. My email is cberesfochrisb@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I currently live in PR and would very much like to attend a retreat. Please contact me at freshninja365@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I live in Rincon PR and have been looking into ayahuasca retreats for a while now. If you can, please get me into contact with the tribe. My email is ruppertbob@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please contact me regarding a 1 day retreat
    Joelinvegas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Please contact me regarding a 1 day retreat
    Joelinvegas@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can you contact me with more information and details, please? Thank you so much in advance! contact@zurliaservellon.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy new year. Can you contact me with more information and details, please? Thank you so much in advance! krokasaurusrex@me.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello. Can you please contact me. I need help to leave my past behind and be a better version of myself. I am ready.
    AgataSofia2011@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Please contact me at titinani767@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Info porfavor.
    rosessabbath@gmail.com residente de PR

    ReplyDelete
  22. Please contact me monart.steph@gmail.com I am traveling to Puerto Rico soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello I live in PR. Please contact me at camachoare17@gmail.com
    Soy de PR y busco información.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello! I am interested in the retreat as well. My email is info@eyesavvydesign.com thank you!

    ReplyDelete